CertainTeed is a leading manufacturer of commercial roofing and residential roofing products and is a division of Saint-Gobain, the world’s largest manufacturer of building materials. Saint-Gobain ranks among the world’s top 100 industrial corporations, operating through a global network of more than 600 companies in more than 50 countries. Quality commercial roofing depends on two essential elements: excellent materials and superior workmanship. CertainTeed has been one of North America’s leading commercial roofing material manufacturers for over 100 years.
Keep the following factors in mind when selecting or specifying a low slope roof:
- Choose the highest possible quality materials from an established manufacturer with an excellent reputation for integrity. CertainTeed has been manufacturing roofing materials for over 100 years.
- Compare similar products. Evaluate the technical data provided by the manufacturer. Compare the weights, thicknesses and ASTM test results.
- Remember, the money saved today on a low cost roofing system can be more than offset by the need to reroof sooner as the result of poor performance leading to leakage or premature failure.
- Consider the commercial roofing manufacturer’s warranty. The length of the warranty term (in years) helps gauge the superiority of the system selected. Generally, the longer the warranty, the better the system. Is a guarantee which covers not only the material but also the contractor’s workmanship available for the roof system selected?
- Property value. Is the manufacturer’s warranty transferable to a new building owner?
- Consider energy costs. Keep in mind that white mineral surfaced cap sheets, light colored gravel surfacing or roofs coated with reflective roof coating will help reduce interior cooling costs. Consider a CertainTeed cap sheet with CoolStar™ reflective coating.
- Choose a system manufacturer. CertainTeed provides the key elements of the commercial roofing system — insulation, adhesives and coatings, membranes and fasteners
- Consider building code requirements. Many local and state governments have specific guidelines for specifying roof systems.